December 3, 2010

Crossing Over

A while back I got a bur up my ass to install a cross over in my tank. ACM put the bungs in for it but then capped them off with a plug. I couldn't find elbows in chrome (didn't look very hard) so I used plumbing fittings. Although they were functional, they looked like shit. I think my alternative is better looking but I'm not 100% happy with it. I'll come across chrome elbows and install a braided line but right now, at least they match the motorcycle paint job. I used blue anodized fittings.
Old brass fittings-look like shit!

Using a cross over will help me get all the gas trapped on the right side oft tunnel over to the left side. When the bobber runs out of gas, there is actually about a half gallon of gas left in the tank. Considering the fact that the tank is less than 1.5-gallons, a half gallon of fuel will go a long way!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...