December 9, 2010

Kraft Tech Frame

I thought I would introduce the frame I will be using for my custom built motorcycle. I picked out a Kraft Tech frame that has a 36 degree rake and a 3" backbone stretch. This is different from Psycho Bob but close enough I know the motorcycle will feel right when I'm on it. If you want this frame you better contact American Classic Motors because they worked with Kraft Tech to have it built to their specs. It is not available if the Kraft Tech catalogue. 

The motor mounts, transmission plate, brake mounts, belt adjustors and exhaust mounts are all welded in place already. That eliminates a lot of fabrication. That's a good thing for a first build if you ask me. The tubing is 1.5" for the backbone and 1.25" for the cradle and tail. This is the same as my bobber and the frame is super strong. I can mount any Evo, Panhead, knuckle or shovelhead engine in the frame so my options are still wide open there. I also got the certificate of origin with it the same day I picked it up!

1 comment:

  1. Passing through

    Kraft Tech Sportster Ridgid Hardtail Bobber Chopper Frame 86-03 Sportster 30 Rake 0" Stretch With 180 Rear Tire

    http://www.mmrcspeed.com/Bobber-Hardtail-Frames_c_139.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...