December 18, 2010

Wheels and Tires

I got the rear wheels and tires for my bobber. I also got the brake rotors and decided to go with a pulley instead of a sprocket. It took me about 45-minutes pounding in the cups for the front end with my rubber mallet but I got them in. It was about 28-degrees in my garage today. I mounted everything and got them onto the motorcycle. I still need to get the brake calipers, front hub cover and speedometer before I can center everything up but at least I can get an idea of the basic length of the motorcycle. It feels like a motorcycle now and not just a frame on a lift... The front wheel is a 22" 60 spoke chrome rim wrapped in An Avon Speedmaster. The rear wheel is a 16" 60 spoke chrome rim wrapped in an Avon Cobra 200 tire.

When I got done, it was up to 35-degrees so I jumped on Psycho Bob and took a short ride. It was a bit cold but it was the first time, I've had it out in two weeks.


1 comment:

  1. Very nice and interesting blog. I like it and so much thanks for sharing this nice post with us and keep posting.
    Wheels And Tires

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...