November 16, 2010

Motorcycle Insurance Rant

If you own a custom built motorcycle and you need full coverage, you have found or will soon find out that you are screwed, blued and tattooed. There are very few insurance companies that offer such services. I personally go through Formost but I pay a good amount for my insurance. The cost of insurance is not really my rant. In fact, I figure if you have the money to buy a custom built bike, you should have the money to keep it protected.

What pisses me off are the big "name brand" insurance companies that have all these commercials on television promising great rates to motorcyclists. They parade out their custom built motorcycles and talk about how important it is to have coverage and how their company can offer you the best rates.

Yah, I'm calling you out AllState.
This is the bike recently custom built for Allstate. I took the picture from the Dave Alder Insurance agency. They sell for Allstate and on their website, they talk about how they love motorcycles. Call them and find out if they would insure the bike that they are standing behind...they won't.. at least not using Allstate.

Taken from Alderstate.com

Yah, I'm calling you out Geico
I watched Paul Jr and Paul Sr fight it out in last season's American Chopper and I was equally disgusted at Geico when I saw they wanted a custom motorcycle to promote their motorcycle insurance. Again, they WILL NOT cover custom built motorcycles with full coverage. They just won't do it! Not only is this bike a bit on the ugly side...well, that's all I have to say, it is just plain ugly to me.

Taken from Auto Evolution.com

It just seems stupid and misleading to me that more and more insurance companies are trying to get our business knowing that the average custom built motorcycle is out of the reach of their clients. It pisses me off that I wasted time calling them when they just laughed and said they can't put a valve on custom bikes and they can't repair them at a low cost if they get wrecked. I get it, just don't use custom bikes to advertise your insurance then!

1 comment:

  1. Just passing through!

    This may help
    http://www.mmrcspeed.com/Custom-Motorcycle-Insurance_ep_89-1.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...