November 19, 2010

So Many Industry Experts

Pictures taken from Bike Exif.com



I read a lot of blogs about motorcycles, ranging from Bobbers to Cafe Racers to classic Harley-Davidson news. I read them because I love looking at motorcycles. Now I might not like them all and I've been outspoken before regarding my dislike for "Crotch Rockets" but that is mostly because I don't personally find bikes covered in plastic appealing unless I want to go dirt-biking.

If you like reading blogs, you most likely get all wrapped up in the comments section but lately I've noticed a trend regarding how many industry experts we have. I took the bikes shown above from a popular blog that relates to Cafe Racers. It is amazing how so many people know so much about how a motorcycle will ride just by looking at a picture.

Now just about none of the readers on that blog would even look twice at my billet covered Bobbed V-Twin. I've read enough comments on that blog to know that anyone riding a V-Twin is just a sell-out to the Harley marketers. That's a whole different blog post for a whole different day. Many of the comments they make about motorcycles, where they claim to know exactly how it will ride relates to my motorcycle are flat out based in opinion and zero fact or experience. Low rider, forward controls, larger front wheel, lower handle bars: all of this means my bike should ride like shit.. well, guess you will never know since you will never be on it. I just think it is ridiculous how someone can "claim" to know exactly how a motorcycle will handle and react to cornering just by looking at three or four pictures of it.

If it isn't your cup of tea, then say it and move on but seriously, until you take the time money and effort to get off your ass and build a motorcycle, how about you keep your "I know this bike is shit because..." opinions to yourself until the day you get to ride it. Just click on each picture to be redirected to the comments about the motorcycles. Have your popcorn and soda ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...