November 30, 2010

Motorcycle Lift

Since I got my new bobber, I wanted to get a motorcycle lift for it. However, a hydraulic table is relatively expensive and I wanted something that will let the rear wheel hang. I looked around and located a motorcycle hydraulic lift at harbor Freight. It took me about 20-minutes to put together and really worked out nicely. It's got a bar with two positive stop locations to secure your motorcycle on the lift when you work on it.

I thought the pull-tight straps were shit so I went out and got a set of quality 6-foot ratchet straps to help secure the frame to the lift. The last thing I want to have happen is see my bike fall 4-feet to the ground. That would suck ass!


As you can see, I have a 4-gallon bucket resting on a lawn chair while I drain the oil into the bucket. It gives me two hands free to remove the drain plug and keep everything in place. This lift made changing the oil a very simplistic process.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...